Last Updated on March 17, 2020. Effective March 18, 2020 for all users.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
2. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
3. Why Do We Collect This Data?
5. Protecting Your Information
6. Unless you specifically opt in, we do not sell or provide your information to third parties
7. Account Deletion and Retaining your information
8. Public Contributions
9. Users Within The European Union
If you decide to register with our services (such as Ability App), you are asked to provide us with some information. We realize that our relationship is based on trust, so here are the types of information that we collect and what we do with that information.
- What personal data do we collect?
As part of the registration process, we collect your self chosen username and email address. Optionally, you may choose to provide standard filters that indicate your search preferences. Your password is encrypted, so we can’t ever see it.
- Why do we collect this data?
We want to provide you with the most personalized service possible. This includes aligning our services with your specific needs. We also may need to communicate with you if something changes or new services become available. We will also use your email address to respond to requests you make from us.
- Account Processing: remembering your username on your device, for example.
- Security: cookies can determine if you are logged in to comply with legal requirements and prevent unauthorized parties from using your profile.
- Profile data: to make sure that the service you are using behaves in the way you wish.
- Notifications: cookies can determine your notification preferences so you only receive the notifications that you wish.
- Advertising: So that the ads you receive actually matter to you.
- Metrics: cookies help us determine how our services are used and allow us to enhance your experience.
- Protecting your information
We limit access to your personal data to those that need to know. This includes CT employees, contractors and agents that have the duty of processing your information and requests. These individuals are bound by confidentiality agreements.
When your information is in transit, it is encrypted. We also review our practices on information storage, processing, and collection to prevent unauthorized access to your information.
- Unless you specifically opt in, we do not sell or provide your information to third parties.
- Account Deletion and Retaining your information
If you choose to delete your account, all identifiable information will be removed from the system and deleted. Any non-identifiable information you provided (reviews, ratings, etc.) will be fully anonymized so as to not disrupt the continuity of our service. You may delete your account by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Public Contributions
Anything you contribute to the service including but not limited to ratings, comments, discussions and photos are intended to be public and will be viewable to all users except as outlined above in (7).
- Users within the European Union
We grant you all individual data protection rights as per the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as applicable:
Particularly to the extent provided by applicable data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- Be informed by us on any processing of your Personal Data to verify the lawfulness of processing;
- Request rectification or completion of any relevant data, where you are affected by incorrect or incomplete Personal Data;
- Request the deletion of your Personal Data or a temporary restriction of processing in certain cases;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or have your Personal Data transferred to another data controller, where our processing is based on your consent or necessary for the performance of a contract with you and carried out by automated means;
- Withdraw your consent, where our processing is based on your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing before its withdrawal.
If you would like to discuss this policy, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org